In humans, the smell of the skin, the way it looks and the care one takes of it characterise an individual. Consider the impression that can be generated in your mind when you see a person with wrinkled, scaly and oily skin. Paying attention to it is one way to safeguard the well-being of one’s body.
Many women, wives, girlfriends and mothers ask me daily how to solve the problem of oily male skin to make their sweethearts and children look healthier.
This choral request for help and advice prompted me to write a post dedicated to you.
HOW TO RECOGNISE IT
How to recognise oily male skin: the signs of a problem
Male oily skin is considered in some respects as a problem not only from an aesthetic but also from a health point of view.
On the one hand, in fact, the outward appearance is compromised both by the presence of blemishes and by shine. On the other hand, however, one must consider that the causes of oily skin can be traced back to a number of issues that need to be addressed.
People often consider themselves to have this problem when in fact they do not.
Forehead, nose and chin: oily skin in men is more common in this area
First, we have to consider that there are certain parts of a man’s face that are prone to this problem, such as the forehead, nose and chin. In some cases, therefore, treatment may be necessary only in these areas, in others for the whole face.
Male oily skin: clues to oily skin easily found in men
The following is a list of some of the main characteristics that point to the possible presence of oily skin:
- complexion: normally dull, compared to the radiant complexion of healthy skin;
- appearance: appears very thickly polished;
- sensitivity to touch: the skin feels greasy to the touch, producing an uncomfortable sensation;
- presence of blemishes: this is often accompanied by the presence of acne or boils that are aesthetically unattractive and in the most severe forms also painful.
But what are the factors that can produce oily skin in men?
The main causes are listed below:
- Hormonal imbalances: hormones are one of the first elements that determine an incidence in sebum production. In fact, both during growth, but also in certain phases of life, there may be events that lead to changes in hormone levels with excessive stimulation of the sebaceous glands;
- Stress: an unregulated life, with a frenetic pace and an incorrect diet, can be a factor that in a very invasive way influences the state of our skin. The balance of the dermis is something that is linked to many elements and stress is not one of them;
- smoking: the intake of non-natural substances in cigarettes promotes the accumulation of imperfections in the skin;
- Wrong diet: this is a fundamental factor, as it includes little vegetables and mineral salts, while at the same time too much sugar and fat can lead to an imbalance in the skin;
- drug intake: the intake of substances such as cortisol, anabolics or cortisone can also be a contributing factor;
- make-up: last but not least, the constant use of cosmetics must also be considered in men. Many of them contain very oil-rich elements and other products that instead of respecting the skin’s balance can lead to increased sebum production.
The features I listed two minutes ago (forehead, nose, chin) occur due to the excessive production of sebum by the sebaceous glands that are located in the deepest part of the dermis. This generates a series of impurities that manifest themselves on the skin.
Men have a strong resistance to using creams and cosmetic/care products. We all know this and very often it is a hard struggle and a great struggle to convince them that taking care of themselves does not mean giving up being men.
Many people ask me how to deal with oily male skin. Now I will tell you what to do.
How to deal with oily male skin: small tips and natural remedies
When you want to restore your skin to a healthy state, you must start by eliminating the factors that generate oily skin, listed in the previous paragraph.
At the same time, one must act directly on the skin by combining two direct actions:
- Cleansing the skin
- restore the skin’s regenerative capacity.
First of all, therefore, one always cleans the affected areas thoroughly with a mild cleanser. The skin must not be attacked with products that are too strong, as this will produce the opposite effect.
In the case of acne and pimples, it is essential to remove bacteria and dilate the pores. Periodic application of exfoliating products will also be very helpful in restoring its radiance so that sebum is removed from the skin. Subsequently, it is essential that after cleansing, the skin is helped to regain its balance by reducing sebum production. For this, creams and oils can be used to protect and moisturise the skin.
The most commonly used products: here are the tools that are useful for eliminating oily skin in men
There are many natural products available on the market that make use of the active ingredients found in nature in order to work on oily skin.
I advise you to always take a close look at the INCI: favour products without silicones and parabens
I advise you to choose for products with natural active ingredients and green Inci! In our products, we use, for example, Snail Slime and Hyaluronic Acid, which have a concrete effect on the problem of oily skin and in some forms even immediate.
Snail slime: natural remedy for oily male skin
The chemical composition of such products is based on the presence of a large percentage of snail slime, a secretion produced by this tiny living being, in which a number of principles such as exfoliating, purifying, antibacterial and regenerative ones are contained. In addition, clay masks or homeopathic remedies based on currant nigrum can also be very useful.
Natural products also include sulphur or Aleppo soaps made with skin-friendly ingredients that act on sebum. In any case, if a gel or cream is to be used, it is important that it contains the hyaluronic acid found in snail slime.
If you would like to learn more about OUR SNAIL SLIME BASED SKIN FRIENDLY PRODUCTS, I recommend you take a tour of our store.